- 9.11.18 Finished updating Art.Net's Art Resources that links to other sites on the web.To submit a link to our site, please see Art.Net's Link Submission info.
- 8.29.18 Updating Art.Net's Artref Links pages that link to other sites on the web.
- 8.24.18 Updated Art.Net's external Studios Links page. To submit a link to our site, please see Art.Net's Link Submission info.
- 8.22.18 Updated Art.Net's Link Submission page so that people can send email instead of using a form.
- 8.21.18 Updated Art.Net's Guestbook page so that people can send email instead of using a form.
- 8.17.18 Updating Art.Net's Artref Links pages that link to other sites on the web.
- 3.1.16 Art.Net has moved to a new server! Hopefully, you shouldn't see any changes in service.
- 10.8.14 For all those who have inquired, we do not intend to sell our domain name, Art.Net. If you would like to be associated with our artist community here, you can do this in 4 ways. First, you can become a sponsor of our site. Or you can become a member artist here. Or you can submit your site for linkage here on Art.Net. If you have a special project that you would like to host here on Art.Net, please send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to hearing from you!
- 6.6.14 Today we celebrate Art.Net being a member of the World Wide Web for 20 years!
- 10.4.13 We have just updated our "Art Happenings" section here on Art.Net. Please feel free to submit your art happenings posting to our site for listing.
- 10.3.13 We are accepting artists so if you are interested, please apply to join Art.Net. If you know of an art site that you would like to see listed here on Art.Net, please feel free to submit the link for our links section.
- 7.29.13 We are now accepting artists again so if you are interested, please apply to join our site. If you know of an art site that you would like to see listed here on Art.Net, please feel free to submit the link to Art.Net for linkage.
- 1.1.13 Happy New Years! If you know of an art site that you would like to see listed here on Art.Net, please feel free to submit the link to Art.Net for linkage.
- 12.25.12 If you know of an art site that you would like to see listed here on Art.Net, please feel free to submit the link to Art.Net for linkage.
- 6.27.12 If you would like to become a sponsor of Art.Net, please check out our Sponsors Information Page. We are also accepting donations for donated paintings as well.
- 6.22.12 If you know of an art site that you would like to see listed here on Art.Net, please feel free to submit the link to Art.Net for linkage.
- 6.22.12 If you are an artist and would like to have a studio or gallery room here on Art.Net, please feel free to submit your application to become a member of our site.
- 1.18.12 We joined in the online protest today against SOPA and PIPA by turning our website black. It looks like congress has heard our message loud and clear and will not pursue these bills being made into law. Thanks to all who participated and enabled this to happen. The fight is not over yet though and we have to watch these folks like a hawk!
- 1.9.12 Happy New Years! If you know of an art site that you would like to see listed here on Art.Net, please feel free to submit the link to Art.Net for linkage.
- 12.7.11 If you know of an art site that you would like to see listed here on Art.Net, please feel free to submit the link to Art.Net for linkage.
- 11.15.11 We are actively creating links to other sites so if you are an artist and already have a website, we encourage you to submit your link to our site, Art.Net for linkage.
- 4.2.11 We are actively creating links to other sites so if you are an artist and already have a website, we encourage you to submit your link to our site, Art.Net for linkage.
- 3.23.11 We changed the background of our site, Art.Net today so that it's a bit lighter. Hopefully this makes viewing the text on the site pages somewhat easier. The concept behind the background is that it is stone... so that our entries are virtually "written in stone".
- 3.23.11 We are once again accepting Art Happenings here on Art.Net. If you have an Art Happening (ie. show, exhibition, festival, event, call for participation or breaking news), please feel free to make a submission.
- 3.22.11 We have added a new section in our Art References directory for Artist Social Networks. There are some really great social networking sites for artists on the Web now which is wonderful to see. These networks can be great tools for artists who are trying to connect with others in the art world.
- 3.9.11 We received a call today requesting information on art appraisials. While our site does not provide such services, we added a new section in our Artist Resource directory for Art Appraisals. Hopefully this will help folks who are looking for apparaisal services.
- 2.26.11 We are actively creating links to sites so if you are an artist and already have a website, we encourage you to submit your link to our site, Art.Net for linkage on our site.
- 1.19.11 If you are an artist and already have a website, we encourage you to submit your link to our site, Art.Net for linkage on our site.
- 1.19.11 If you are an artist and would like to have a studio or gallery room here on Art.Net, please feel free to submit your application to become a member of our site.
- 10.15.10 If you are an artist and already have a website, we encourage you to submit your link to our site, Art.Net for linkage on our site.
- 10.15.10 If you are an artist and would like to have a studio or gallery room here on Art.Net, please feel free to submit your application to become a member of our site.
- 1.19.10 If you are an artist and already have a website, we encourage you to submit your link to our site, Art.Net for linkage on our site.
- 1.9.10 We have updated our Current Art Happenings section here on Art.Net. If you would like to submit an art happening, please fill out our Art Happenings Submission Form.
- 7.15.09 David O'Connell, a painter, has just joined Art.Net. Please check out his studio where you can see his art.
- 7.9.09 We have added Server Side Includes (SSI) in our Apache webserver. This new function will enable artists to add dynamic content to their existing HTML pages here on Art.Net.
- 6.11.09 We have added some new links to the Art Foundations section of our Links to Other Sites here on Art.Net. If there is an art foundation that you would like included, please submit the site via our Submit a Link page.
- 6.8.09 Added an Alphabetical Index to the Galleries Link Page to help in navigation.
- 6.6.09 Today is Art.Net's 15th year Anniversary of being in existance. We got our domain on this day in 1994 and have been active ever since, helping artists come online to the Internet and the WWWeb. It's been a good 15 years so far!
- 6.1.09 Due to the overwhelming response to our featured "Link of the Month", we have decided to change to a featured "Link of the Week" which can be seen on our Links to Other Sites page here on Art.Net.
- 5.31.09 Brian Cole, an abstract painter from Dallas Texas, has just joined Art.Net. Please check out his studio and help us to welcome him here on Art.Net.
- 5.8.09 We are updating the Links to Other Sites section of Art.Net. Old links to sites that no longer exist, are being removed. Site URL's that have changed are being updated. New link requests are also being processed and folks are welcome to submit their link requests to our site.
- 4.28.09 Art.Net is back online after having recovered from a power supply hardware failure. Our server was down fromMonday afternoon (4.27.09) til early Tuesday evening (4.28.09). This is the first hardware failure we have had since the new server has been in place (since January 2007). We replaced the power supply with a new one (Antec 430 watt Model EA-430 D) and all is well. The server suffered no other hardware or software problems.
- 4.23.09 While it seems like little has happened here on Art.Net in the past years, many artists continue to update their spaces. So this site is still very much alive. Link requests are also being processed and folks are welcome to submit their link requests to our site.
And finally, new artists are still being accepted and are in the process of creating their studio spaces here on our site. Once they are ready, we will link their spaces into the site pages so that visitors can view their art. If artists are interested in joining Art.Net, please check out our Artist Submissions page.
- 10.25.07 Updating the site pages.... While it seems like little has happened here on Art.Net in the past months, many artists continue to update their spaces. So this site is still very much alive. Link requests are also being processed and folks are welcome to submit their link requests to our site. We are also researching soclai networking sites (like twitter.com, tribe.net, and facebook.com) to learn more about the new Web 2.0 technologies that we hope to someday include here on Art.Net.
And finally, new artists are still being accepted and are in the process of creating their studio spaces here on our site. Once they are ready, we will link their spaces into the site pages so that visitors can view their art. If artists are interested in joining Art.Net, please check out our Artist Submissions page.
- 2.14.07 Some of the artists here on Art.Net have created a show for this Valentines Day. It's called "The Art of Love". We hope you enjoy it.
- 2.8.07 We have been updating the Links Section of our site today, adding links submissions that have been submitted to Art.Net. Most are in the artists' studios section. If you know of a site that you would like to see listed here on Art.Net, please submit it via our Links Submission Form. Links are free though we encourage folks to make a dontaion to help support our work here on Art.Net. Spam submissions are just ignored and will not be added to our site.
- 1.31.07 We have installed Mailman which is a GNU Free Software Mailing List Manager here on Art.Net, We are currently converting the mailing lists here on our site to use this new service. The nice thing about this software is that it enables us to have private mailing lists here. Since they are private, we will not have to worry about spam on the lists.
- 1.22.07 Web Access Logging and Report Generations have been re-enabled here on Art.Net. So member artists will start receiving their nightly access reports (which are sent out just after midnight). These reports give details on which sites accessed artists' spaces as well as what files were accessed. If member artists are not receiving their reports, please send a note to email@example.com and we will look into the matter.
- 1.21.07 We now have the forms function working here on Art.Net. We had to port the software so that it would run on our new server. This means that we are now once again accepting link submissions and artist submissions to join our site. Please note that spammers submissions are ignored. So spammers can type all they want but the entries will just be deleted and not added to Art.Net.
- 1.18.07 Since we upgraded to the new Apache webserver, image maps are no longer processed using a cgi-bin program. Instead, they are performed by a built in module within the apache server. This makes for faster processing. Because of this change, the way an image map is called within a webpage and the format of the image map config file have changed. See Using Image Maps under the Art.Net help pages to learn how to use the new image map format. The Art.Net site buttons are really an image map and all have been converted to the new format so that they now work again.
- 1.18.07 James Copeland, a painter, has joined Art.Net and shares some of his works via his studio here on Art.Net. Please join us in welcoming James to our site by visiting his studio here on Art.Net.
- 1.14.07 We just installed a new FTP server so artists should now be able to connect to their spaces via ftp. If you have any problems connecting, please let us know via firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!
- 1.12.07 We have been working hard on elimating the spam that Art.Net receives. At this time it looks like 96.1% of all the email received is being tagged as spam and rejected. If you are trying to send us email and your email is being rejected, you can send a note to the email@example.com via firstname.lastname@example.org. Hopefully we can then help resolve the email rejection issues. We are using several DNSBL's and have created our own black list of spammers who are not caught by the black list databases (DNSBLs). So there is a chance we might have some false positives (email tagged as spam when it isn't spam)..
- 1.11.07 Good news to report on the spam fighting front here at Art.Net. We are now using dnsbl's which are spammer blacklist databases and this has helped to cut down the amount of spam our site receives. We are currently rejecting up to 87% of the incoming mail as it has been tagged as spam. If you are trying to send email to someone at Art.Net and can't get your email through, please send a note to email@example.com. We are also using our own blacklist compiled from spam that gets past the dnsbls. This is a private list so if spam is received from a user or site, that user or site gets tagged. It is a relief to finally get the spam problem under control here at Art.Net. Artists who have requested to have their email disabled here might want to have it enabled now. Just send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know.
- 1.11.07 For artists who would like to use ftp to access their accounts, we now offer access via ftp using psftp. This is a secure form of ftp. To use it you need to download the application called psftp. If you have any problems, please send a note to email@example.com.
- 1.9.07 Since we now have a backup of Art.Net, artists accounts have been re-enabled and artists should be able to access their spaces here on our site again. If ftp does not work, please use our File Manager. If you can't access your account, please send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will assist artists in getting access again to their spaces here on Art.Net.
- 1.8.07 We have been updating our sendmail this evening to try and decrease the amount of spam that Art.Net receives. Thank goodness for the DNSBL's... They are really helping to make a difference! Member artists of our site should hopefully notice a big decrease in the amount of spam coming to them via Art.Net.
- 1.8.07 We moved the new server into the rackmount case today and it's now sitting in a new location at our co-lo. Access via the Internet may actually be faster now. Downtime was from 2:30ish pm to 4:00ish pm PST.
- 1.5.07 We got the mail functions working this evening here on Art.Net so artists should start receiving their email again. We linked the sendmail to use spamhaus.org so that we can filter out alot of the spam that our site receives. So far, it looks like at least 1 in every 5 emails received is spam. Email sent to us from faked art.net accounts will no longer be accepted as well.
- 1.4.07 Art.Net's entrance page has been restored as of 1:35pm PST. This effectively opens our site's virtual front door to the Internet once again. Please note that not all site functions are working at this time so you may encounter some errors and strange effects until the upgrade / restore has been fully integrated into the new Art.Net server.
- 1.3.07 Because of the disk failures and old architecture, Art.Net was upgraded to a new machine today and came back online to the Internet at around 7:30pm today. Apart from the new hardware (which includes a really fast CPU, 2x400 gig disks and 1 gig of ram), Art.Net is also running a new operating system (moving from NetBSD to FreeBSD). Apache was also upgraded to the latest version available. The Art.Net website is being restored from the most recent version of the website that existed when the system went down so no data loss occurred. There is a transition period to integrate the old data with the new server so some things are not working (like sendmail, ftp, web forms, searches, imagemaps and login access for members). We are hoping to have these site functions available as soon as possible.
- 12.29.06 Art.Net suffered another disk failure on this day. Since the new machine has been aquired for Art.Net, preparations were made to do a complete site upgrade. Until this upgrade happens, Art.Net will remain down and unaccessable.
- 11.30.06 Art.Net suffered a disk failure on this day. The site was restored from a backup disk and brought back online. Because of this failure, preparation was made to aquire a new computer system to serve as the Art.Net webserver.
- 10.24.06 Updated Art.Net's Free Speech page. There is case that is currently in the courts which is challenging the "Child Online Protection Act" (COPA) law which was passed in 1998. In the case, ACLU v. Gonzales, the ACLU is working to get a judgement that would disable the enforcement of COPA. The trial started on Monday, October 23, 2006 and is being held at the United States District Court House for the Eastern District of Pennsylvania, located at 601 Market Street in Philadelphia, PA.
- 9.6.06 As the webmaster of Art.Net, I spend alot of time viewing sites that are submitted to our site for linkage. I also view works on many sites that are submitted by artists requesting to join Art.Net. And I have noticed that many art sites actually censor the artists' art and posts made on their sites. Some sites even claim ownership of all art posted on their sites.
I am honored to say that artists here on Art.Net are not censored in any way... All that is requested is that artists show their art in a non-commercial way. Artists also retain all ownership rights to their art that is posted here on Art.Net. Censorship is an ugly beast and I feel, just causes confusion and frustration. More talk is better than less is solving issues. So I just want to assure all artists that you will not be censored here. To join, please see our join information page.
- 9.5.06 Added more sites to our Artists' Help Section of Art.Net. We have some new artists who have joined our site who are new at writing HTML so hopefully this resource for HTM teaching sites will help.
- 8.23.06 Added more sites that host blogs in our Artists' Resources Section of our Art.Net Link Pages which lists links to other sites.
- 6.12.06 We have started a new section in our Art.Net Link Pages. Since we have so many links to other offsite artist studios here on Art.Net, we felt that it was time to start an "Artist Studio Link of the Month ". Each month (starting June 2006) we will feature an artist's studio space that we link to. Most of the studio links that we have listed have been submitted by the artists themselves. If you are an artist and would like us to link to your space, please feel to submit a link.
- 5.29.06 In Memory... The Celebration of Memorial Day, 2006 here on Art.Net.
- 5.19.06 Fixed the guestbook for Art.Net so folks can start signing it again. We were getting spammed something aweful via this form so we moved it to a new location. Hopefully that will hold off the spammers. In the meantime, if you are a visitor and real person, please feel free to sign. We would love to hear your comments about your visit to Art.Net.
- 5.19.06 Added a new studio section for Film & Motion Media artists here on our home site, Art.Net.
- 5.18.06 We have lightened the grey marble background of the Art.Net site pages just a shade. We received a concern from an artist viewing our site who felt that it was hard to read the text on the site pages because of the darkness of the image. Hopefully this helps!
Thanks to member artist Kiyotei for the editing of the image. The original image was created by Lile from paper stock in 1996. This created the previous background for our site. For those linking to bg.jpg, you can still access it via bgo.jpg.
- 5.18.06 We have added a general copyright notice at the bottom of the entrance page of Art.Net. While each artist determines how their work is shared and what copyrights they want to keep, it might be wise to place a Copyright Notice ( © ) on the site as a whole. Please let us know if you have any thoughts on this... just email a note to email@example.com.
- 5.17.06 We have updated the artists resources link section so that types of resources are grouped together in alphabetical order. Hopefully this will help artists to find what they are looking for.
- 5.14.06 It's Mothers' Day now and some of the artists here on Art.Net are sharing art that is related to this holiday. Please see Lile's studio to see an example...
- 5.12.06 We have added two new sections to the Art.Net Online Art References link pages. There is a new art blog section and a wiki section.
- 5.10.06 We are continuing to add new link requests in our Links Section here on Art.Net. If you have a site you would like us to link to, please submit your link request and if appropriate, we will add your site to Art.Net.
- 5.2.06 Activated the Current Art Happenings section here on Art.Net. Please submit your art happening via our Current Art Happenings submission form.
- 4.29.06 Intalled a new sendmail program which should help to cut down on the amount of spam received at Art.Net.
- 4.23.06 Posted Action Alert on Art.Net entrance page to help get the word out about Moveon.Org's petition to prevent Internet Censorship by US Congress.
- 4.3.06 The good news is that after much discussion and after all the votes were cast in the Wikipedia.Org community, it was decided that the Art.Net article would be kept! This is a big win for all artists! And it is also a big win in the quest of Free Speech for all on the Internet and WWWeb!
- 3.27.06 Shortly after the creation of the Art.Net article on Wikipedia.Org, the article was tagged for speedy deletion. The whole story of what happened is recorded here...
- 3.26.06 A new article has just been created on Wikipedia.org for Art.Net.
- 6.26.05 We have created a new space here on Art.Net for Private Art Collections. This space is for people who have private art collections that they would like to share. I have found there is wonderful art that exists in such collections but remains unseen as it is only viewable in private homes and offices. Hopefully this space will enable public viewing of such private works. If you are interested in showing your art collections in a non-commercial way, please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 5.9.05 Marina Izrailevich is a painter that has just joined Art.Net. This artist creates works in varied media which show color, texture, movement, and flow. They are about the impossible and the discovery of a potential.
- 12.9.04 Marten Jansen is a painter that has just joined Art.Net. This artist explores the 20th century's artistic revolution, from abstract portraiture to semi-abstract social realism and beyond.
- 12.6.04 We have created a new Art.Net Members Gallery which features the art that member artists have donated to Art.Net. If you are an artist here on art.net and are ready to donate your art, please let us know. There are many rooms in the general site gallery so please check them out as well.
- 12.2.04 We have created a new email@example.com Yahoo Group for Art.Net Members. This is a private group so it should be spam free. Please let us know if you would like to join us and we will send an invite. Please note that only members of Art.Net can join.
- 9.22.04 We have a new artist who has just joined us. Susana Scarborough is a British born artist living in the San Francisco Bay Area. Susana paints landscapes of local scenes plein air and in her studio. Her subjects also include animals and still life.
- 8.6.04 We have a new artist who has just joined us. Aaron Peter is a French Canadian artist located in Montreal Canada. He blends abstract and figurative art to create beautiful watercolor works. Please visit his new studio when you get the chance.
- 7.28.04 We have installed a new Art Happenings Submission form which enables us to post information about Current Art Happenings. Please let us know if you have an Art Happening which you would like to share with the world here on Art.Net via this new form.
- 7.27.04 We have a new artist joining us. Lou Majors is an American painter and philosopher who shares an explosive primitive stream of consciousness. Please welcome him to Art.Net by viewing his new studio.
- 7.20.04 We have installed a new links submission form which helps us to respond to your link requests in a timely way. So if you have a site you would like us to link to, please let us know via this new form.
- 6.6.04 Today we celebrate our 10th year being on the Internet. Our site was founded on June 6, 1994 and has been a wonderful artist community since. We are always looking for artists to join us so if you are interested, please see our site manifesto. Then just fill out our submission form and let us know of your interest.
- 11.05.03 We are excited to introduce Strata, a new hacker artist who has just opened her studio here on art.net. Please welcome her and enjoy her many works which includes some wonderful screen background images.
- 11.01.03 We have selected our new Artist of the Month for November. Chartow has been with Art.Net since August 1995 and is an outstanding artist here. He has created a really nice display of his colorful landscapes and it's a joy to view his work. You can see his art via our site entrance here on art.net.
- 11.03.03 We have pleased to announce that a new sculptress has joined us here on Art.Net. Her name is Ursula Goebels and she describes her works as follows... "I use sculpture as metaphor. My work emulates the interrelatedness of destruction and (re)creation as it is played out in the universe and on our planet earth. Please welcome her to our site by visiting her studio space here on Art.Net.
- 9.01.03 We have selected our new Artist of the Month for September. It is Guy Burchek who has been with Art.Net since Aug 1999. You can see his work via our site entrance here on art.net.
- 8.13.03 We have decided to do something new for art.net. Starting this month (August 2003) we now have a featured artist of the month which you can see via our site entrance!
It's kind of a random thing but is reserved for artists who have outstanding spaces here on art.net. So if you haven't updated your space in awhile, now is the time to do something really new and exciting. Art.Net has been on the web since June 1994 so we have folks who have alot of history here which makes it even more interesting...
- 8.8.03 We are reviewing the Art.Net site to see if there are better ways to navigate the site. If you have suggestions, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are also now accepting applications from artists who would like to join our non-commercial community. So send us a note if you ae are interested. Thanks!
- 10.14.02 A new section has been added to art.net gallery.. and is a place for Natures' Art. A definate must see!
- 6.21.02 Wonderful news! We installed a spam filter here on art.net as we have been getting flooded with spam for some time now. We are using Spam Assassin and it's working wonders so far. We are still logging spammer information which we will forward on to spam fighters to persue.
- 5.18.01 Ruth Kedar has recently updated her studio here on art.net. It not only looks different but there are lots of new material there. So please drop by and see what she up to. (Note: Ruth is one of our founding members and has been apart of art.net from almost the very beginning.)
- 5.18.01 Starhawk has recently updated his studio here on art.net. He has seperated his Fractal Images into a section all its own and added at least 50 new images....the newest being Fractal Seascapes. Enjoy!
- 5.14.01 Artist Tools and Technology Labs has just joined the art.net resource section. Pardon our dust while we put this space together! :)
- 5.11.01 Julia Kay has recently updated her studio here on art.net and has added a show of digital drawings from the model, and another of very recent acrylic paintings of abstracted plants in sunlight and underwater. (added in April & May, i respectively). Definately something to check out...April 2001
- 4.2.01 Yo Delmar has just joined art.net and is an oil painter of landcapes, still life and people. She specializes in the natural beauty of Northern California, and its unique aspects of light. We welcome her to our site, art.net, and hope you enjoy her works as much as we do.March 2001
- 3.24.01 Annadiana is a hacker artist who has recently joined us here on art.net. She has many interests, among which are the love of the written word, painting, a variety of hand crafts and music. She is also keenly interested in the use of technology and how it can help her attain her artistic goals. We extend a warm welcome to Annadiana who is the first artist that we have added in this new Millenium. Annadiana, the dragon and hacker that brings new life and fire to art.net!October 2000
- 10.25.00 Carolyn Zaroff is a new artist to our site. California nature painter, Carolyn regards herself as a colorist first and last, and her love of color and texture can be seen in all of her oil paintings. Please visit her in her new studio here on Art.Net.
- 8.10.00 We are making a few updates on the site pages. Hopefully there will be more to come soon...
- 3.30.00 Nana is a hacker artist and we are excited that she has joined us here. Please check out her new studio space.
- 3.16.00 Anne Longo has created a space where she is showing "Visions of beauty, humour, and life created digitally and by hand." Please welcome her to art.net and visit her new studio here.
- 2.24.00 Lynn Stowe is a digitial artist as well as photographer who loves to work with cats, abstract designs, astronomical phenomena and a much more. Please visit her studio and welcome her to art.net.
- 12.1.99 Art.Net observed World Aids Day.
- 11.29.99 Vahid Khastou is a self-taught artist born in Tehran, Iran who works in watercolor, oil and sculpture. Please welcome him to our site.
- 11.14.99 Robyn Woideck has joined us here on Art.Net and we are very excited to have him with us . He has studied studio art at the University of Maryland and has painted in England, France, Spain and the United States. His mediums are pencil, ink, oils, acrylics and acrylic wash while his styles vary from representational to abstract and fantasy. Please welcome him by visiting his studio.
- 9.13.99 Anne Dalton joins us here on Art.Net. She is an English artist who paints rural scenes in Canada and the United States. Her works depict mountains, villages and wildflowers. Please welcome her to our site.
- 8.19.99 Nan Marcus Newman, a full-time artist (and child welfare advocate/lawyer), joins us here on Art.Net. She creates figurative paintings and portraits in oils, acrylics and gold leaf reflecting the need for positive social awareness and change. Please welcome her to our site.
- 7.22.99 Guy Burchek, an American artist living in Austin Texas, joins us here on Art.Net. Please welcome him and view his works in acrylic, pastel, and sculpture. These include paintings of the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
- 2.24.99 We are happy to introduce the Gallery Shalom which is showing the original works of jewish artist Michael Sloutsker. He works primarily in the fields of portrait, still life, landscape.
- 2.1.99 Art.Net has been upgraded to a new PC that is running the RedHat Gnu Linux operating system.
- 12.4.98 Check out our new exhibit showing some of the art that could be lost if Internet censorship laws were to go into effect. This exhibit was put together by artists from art.net who felt that their work would be affected by such censorship laws. See also our newly updated Free Speech statement and see how the art.net community continues to fight for freedom of speech and self expression on the Internet.
- 8.10.98 Laszlo Marossy has just joined us and is a Hungarian-American artist who creates abstract paintings under the influence of red wine and independent radio. Please welcome him to our site, Art on the Net, by visiting his studio.
- 8.8.98 Len Tower is a poet and an awesome hacker and is one of our founding members of Art on the Net. He also is a fellow member here on our site and has helped art.net in many ways. Recently Len created a studio for himself here and we are excited to have him exhibit his work here. We hope you enjoy his art too.
- 5.27.98 We have added a listing of all the photographers in our studios section.
- 5.22.98 Hilary Wong is a surrealistic artist who depicts "Whales, Women and Waves" in a tranquil and natural environment. He feels these beings are intertwined with beauty, grace, serenity, and inner strength. Combining airbrush, acrylics, gels and interference colors Hilary captures the essence and diversity of nature in his paintings. Please welcome him to our site, Art on the Net.
- 5.15.98 Mark Kaufman has joined us here on Art on the Net and we are looking forward to having him be apart of our community. His works involve figurative art in watercolors and woodcuts and they celebrate the human form.
- 5.11.98 Arnon Moscona is a new member of our site, Art on the Net, and has just opened his studio doors for you to enter. In his space, you will see works that celebrate the spirit which were created in electronic and traditional media. We welcome Arnon to our site!
- 5.7.98 Philip Sybal has joined us here on Art on the Net and we welcome him into our community. He is a romantic as well as a realist painter. He creates artwork that evokes the mystery and the magic of the Land, the Sky and the Sea.
- 4.22.98 Art on the Net (art.net) joined the ACLU and others in challenging the New Mexico Cyber_Censorship Law which criminalizes online communications and therefore violates free speech rights and the Commerce Clause of the United States Constitution. Check out our updated Free Speech page which describes why artists are concerned about such laws governing the Internet.
- 2.26.98 Barry Smylie has just joined us here on Art on the Net and we are excited to have him here. Visit his studio to see virtual galleries and short picture stories.
- 2.26.98 Maggi Roché has just joined our site and we welcome her here. She is a Swedish-born artist working with acrylics, watercolors, gouache, pastels and elements of nature to reflect her inner visions.
- 12.1.97 Elisa Welch has just joined us here on Art on the Net and we are excited to have her with us. She is a countercultural ethnomusician and vocal chronicler of our peculiar times. Join her on a Left Coast Neoceltic Folk excursion.
- 12.1.97 Art on the Net (art.net) observes World Aids Day (Dec. 1, 1997) by participating in the Day Without Art Web Action project.
- 9.29.97 Emmanuel Ohannessian (Manu) has joined our site and is an Lebanese painter living in the U.S.A. Most of his paintings are abstract watercolor, but he will soon have some oil paintings too. Please join us in welcoming him to our site, Art on the Net.
- 9.10.97 Nidia Palomo has just joined our site and is presenting digital images composed from photgraphs and drawings in her studio. We are excited to have her join us here on Art on the Net.
- 8.29.97 The Visionary Kabbalah Art Gallery has just joined us here on Art on the Net and we are excited to have them here. They feature the paintings of Yael Avi-Yonah and Dov Lederberg, two artists from Jerusalem, who create unusual works inspired by the mystical teachings of the Kabbalah. Their gallery is cuurently located in third hallway of our site gallery.
- 8.28.97 We just created a hypermail archive of the email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org lists here on our site. This will hopefully give artists and people visiting art.net, some insight on what subjects are of concern to artists on the Internet.
- 8.15.97 Owen Lee Barnett has just joined us here on Art on the Net and we hope you enjoy his works. Currently, he is featuring drawings and paintings of the North American Old West, with specific emphasis on Western and Southwestern 'Americana', both traditional and contemporary.
- 7.25.97 HungLy shares her oil paintings, watercolors on silk relfecting Vietnam, the place of her origin. We welcome Lyly also known as HungLy via her art signage to Art on the Net and are excited to have her join us here.
- 7.17.97 Vera Csik is a Hungarian born, Venezuelan ceramist-sculptor. Currently she is creating works of art in polichromed ceramics and bronze. We are excited to have her join us here on Art on the Net (art.net).
- 7.17.97 Kristin Gudjonsdottir (Stina) has just joined our site and is a sculptress from Iceland. Her works mix the feel of water, ice and harsh metals, creating emotionally moving pieces of art. The basis of all her work is her search for identity as an Icelander.
- 7.17.97 Mark Hartung is a traditional painter, who excels in the oil and watercolor mediums. He has just joined us here on Art on the Net (art.net) and we welcome him to our site.
- 7.9.97 Kaoka Fujita has joined us here on Art on the Net (art.net) and shares her art for the first time on the Internet/Web. We welcome her with open arms.
- 6.17.97 We have created a Manifesto (Statement of Purpose) for our site, Art on the Net (art.net). This document has been reviewed and approved by artists on our site. It is a living document and will evolve as our site evolves. Hopefully it will help people who come to our site, understand what we are all about.
- 6.12.97 Maguelone DUMY is self-taught and works in watercolours. Her figurative art is presents luminous and clear atmospheres with her prefered subject being flowered and sunny landscapes. We are excited to have this French artist join us here on Art on the Net.
- 6.5.97 William McCauley presents his colorful show of Digital Mandalas.
We welcome him to our site, Art on the Net.
- 6.5.97 John Rixon (Jaffa) has just joined our site and is a British digital artist, specializing in colour as the chief compositional elements. We are excited to have him be apart of our site and hope you enjoy his works as much as we do.
- 5.9.97 We have updated the Search Feature in the artist studios section so that it includes the doorways with the artists' descriptions. Using this feature enables you to be able to look for artists using particular mediums, styles and such as "oils" or "digital". You can also search for a particluar artist you may be looking for in the studios section of our site, Art on the Net.
- 4.30.97 Christache Gheorghiu , an artist from Romania, has just opened his studio here on Art on the Net. He is currently showing some of his oil paintings. portraites and lanscapes from central Europe. We are excited to have him join us here on art.net and hope you enjoy viewing his art.
- 4.21.97 We just added a new entry to our Happenings section which lists Calls for Participation. In this new section, you can find out about requests for participation in various events and exhibitions around the world.
- 3.18.97 Rachelle Krieger joins us here on Art on the Net and exhibits colorful oil paintings and watercolors. We are excited to have her become apart of our site.
- 3.3.97 Anne Eldredge Harris has just joined us here on Art on the Net and exhibits pages from her booklet "Experiencing Old Age". This digital art is in enhanced realism style, and has accompanying text and quotations. We welcome Anne and her work to our site with open arms.
- 3.3.97 Starhawk is the Pseudonym of Terry Gould an artist from London England now residing near Toronto Canada. Besides creating Digital Art, he is a published Poet and is just finishing his first novel, a futuristic Sc.Fi. story. We are excited to have this artist join our site.
- 2.27.97 We have created a new section here on Art on the Net called Artist Resources. which has spaces that provide a resource to artists. Our first resource group to join this section is The Dance & Technology Zone (D&TZ). This is a resource for artists and others who are particularly interested in using new media and information technologies in the creation and performance of dance, dance theater and related live performance works.
- 2.12.97 Four Shillings Short plays an eclectic fusion of Traditional Celtic and American Folk music with influences ranging from Brazilian Jazz, Blues, Raga and Rock. They have been a San Francisco Bay Area band since 1984 and and have just joined us here on Art on the Net. We hope you enjoy their music as much as we do!
- 2.3.97 Alfredo Consalez Nunez has joined Art on the Net and is a spanish artist. Presented in his studio are current artworks about artistic digital photography, with Virtual Gallery, resources, and links. We welcome him to our site.
- 1.13.97 Judith Magers Bailey has joined us here on Art on the Net and works in oil, acrylic, watercolor, pastel, bas-relief and sculpture. Her figurative to abstract work is personal and sprititual.
- 1.1.97 Jose Luis Abasolo is a artist from Venezuela and has just joined us here on Art on the Net. His oil paintings are inspired by dreams, visions of his internal world and his perceptions of reality.
December 1996November 1996
- 12.29.96 Rudolf Kinsky presents a collection of photo collages, traditional photography, digital paintings and 3D renderings. We are excited to have him join our site, Art onthe Net.
- 12.16.96 Ed Falk is a software graphics hacker as well as a photographer. He has just joined our site and is currently exhibiting his photography, where he specualizes in B&W and Infrared. We are excited to have another awesome hacker join our us here at Art on the Net.
- 11.13.96 Mario Madriz is a artist from Guatemala who has just joined us here at Art on the Net. His surrealist photography is inspired by Guatemalan culture and traditions.
- 11.12.96 Elias Rodrigues de Oliveira is a artist from Brazil who has just joined us here at Art on the Net. Starting from free-hand sketches, Elias improves his artwork with the aid of Computer Graphics Resources. The result is "Digital Art - with a human face".
- 11.8.96 Levi Kruger shares his analog paintings and drawings that have been created with color markers and watercolors and much more... A definately "must see" while on your visit here at Art on the Net.
- 11.7.96 Stalker Gallery has joined our site and is curated by Arkadij Taranenko who presents the works of contemporary Russian painters. Opening with Andrey Vystropov, Vladislav Koval, Georgi Matevosjan, Nikolai Romanov, Andrey Fedorov, and Vasil Skorobogatov, we hope to see more Russian artists join this exhibit. Their gallery room is cuurently located in third hallway of our site gallery.
- 10.23.96 PRSG (Pacific Rim Sculptors Group) has joined our site and presents the works of over 200 sculptor members who are located in Northern and Central California, USA. We are really excited to have these artists join us here and hope you enjoy seeing the variety of art featured in their gallery rooms located in fourth hallway of our site gallery.
- 9.10.96 Jorn Bjerge has joined our site and is a painter from Denmark who works in oils and watercolors. We are excited to have Jorn join us here on Art on the Net and hope you enjoy his art.
- 8.29.96 Mac Mc Lellan has just joined our site and is a photographer putting pizazz, personality and emotion into his original photos of classic cars and other media via computer enhancement. We welcome him to our site and hope you enjoy his art.
- 8.21.96 James David Thomas has just joined our site and is showing works in oil, acrylic, and watercolors. We welcome James to our site and hope you will as well.
- 8.19.96 Barrie Jones joins us here on Art on the Net and shares many of his paintings within his studio. We are excited to have him join us and hope you enjoy his art as much as we do.
- 7.26.96 Jean-Jacques Kuntz joins our site and presents a show of contrasted colours and haunting shapes. These are some of the ingredients this painter attemps to organize to express his main concerns: chance, time, life, death and human feelings...
- 6.27.96 We have added a new links submission form to the Links section here on Art on the Net. Hopefully this will help artists and website curators in letting us know about sites they would like us to link to. Links are a free service though people are welcome to link back to our site for this service if they are so inclined.
- 6.17.96 Bob Belt has just joined our site and exhibits expressionistic colorful painterly figures as well as an autobiographical illustrated "grim" tale.
- 6.7.96 Vincent Grek joins us here on Art on the Net and is currently showing oil, oil pastel and acrylic works that are based on figures, landscapes and abstracts in his studio.
- 5.31.96> John Christiano is an all-terrain illustrator who's art serves as an exhaust to spew the positive and negative energy from within, often manifesting itself in the forms of portature.
- 5.24.96 Robinson Tuon joins Art on the Net and is a contemporary brazilian painter that works in oil and acrylic. His works are colorful and hugh... a must see.
- 5.22.96 The Peninsula Sculptors' Guild has just joined us in the Gallery's fourth hallway and is exhibiting art works from artists located around the Bay Area of Northern California, USA. We are very excited to see so many sculptors join our site and hope you enjoy their art as much as we do.
- 5.21.96 Marcus Moura joins us and shares digital images, fractal landscapes, and compositions on instrumental music. He also features The Web's Poem Project: a poetry interactive exercise for allworld's webnauts.
- 4.12.96 The Des Gallery has just opened in the Art on the Net Gallery section's fourth hallway and is curated by Wayne Golding of New Zealand. We are excited about this new addition and hope you enjoy the awesome art there.
- 4.8.96 Patricia Mae Young shows the plein-air watercolor and pastel landscapes that she creates during her world wide travels. We are excited to have her join us here on Art on the Net.
- 4.1.96 Jill Bell is an artist who works in original lettering art (and illustration) in a variety of media such as eastern and western calligraphy, painting, commercial print, and typefaces. We are happy to have her join us here on Art on the Net.
- 3.27.96 Michael Betancourt has just joined our site and is a multi-media artist whose work includes paintings, charcoals, and photographs as well as video, film and cdroms. We are excited to have Michael join us here at Art on the Net.
- 3.24.96 A new search feature has been added to the Links section which we hope will assist in your search for things. This search field looks through our local links files here on Art on the Net (art.net).
- 3.15.96 New events have been added to the events section of the Happenings pages. If you are in the Bay Area, you will not want to miss the Artists' Open Studios of Santa Clara County.
- 3.8.96 Rebecca Alzofon is a painter of traditional and digital works for both fine art and commercial venues. We welcome her to Art on the Net!
- 3.7.96 Linda Lanese shares some of her works in acrylic paints and medium gels, computer graphic design, sculpture, photography, and image manipulation. We are very excited to have her join us here on Art on the Net.
- 3.1.96 We have added a new index section in the Art on the Net Gallery that lists all the rooms cuurently in the gallery.
- 2.29.96 We have added a new section listing some of the awards that our website Art on the Net has received so far in our About Our Site section. We hope you enjoy it....
- 2.24.96 Art on the Net was blacked out from February 8th til February 24th to protest the signing of the Telecommunications Bill that included the Communications Decency Act (CDA) by Bill Clinton on Feb. 8th 1996. Art.Net will continue to show the Blue Ribbon on our site entrance page so that people know we support Freedom of Speech on the Internet.
- 2.20.96 Arabella Decker is another sculptor that has just joined us here on Art on the Net. In her studio you will see passionate reactions to her life's interactions.
- 1.30.96 Kendra K. Davis is a artist who works in 2-D and 3-D mediums. We are excited to have another sculptor join us here on Art on the Net.
- 1.25.96 The Art on the Net (Art.Net) website has been moved to the new 4 gig disk drive was purchased last December. Art.Net is doing fine and the website seems to be faster running on the new disk.
December 1995November 1995
- 12.30.95 A new 4 gig disk drive was purchased to house the art.net website. It's very fast and will give us room to expand during the coming year. We are all pretty excited about the new space. This purchase was funded by the artists' memberships we received on our site (which is run and supported by our artists).
- 12.10.95 Philip Rubinoff is a digital artist that creates computer video art. We are really excited about having this fine artist join us here on Art on the Net.
- 12.9.95 A new show has been listed in the Shows and Exhibits section which can be found under the Art Happenings section here on Art on the Net.
If you are a artist participating in a show or exhibit, we would love to post a notice about it. Just send email@example.com a note about it and snail mail a show announcement to Art on the Net, and we'll add your info to this section. We need the artists' permission to display samples of art that are in the show.
- 12.7.95 Katherine Klein has just joined Art on the Net and is showing watercolor and oil paintings that depict creekbeds and landscapes. We are really excited about her joining our site.
- 12.6.95 We have started firstname.lastname@example.org which is a new email alias that people can send questions and comments to that pertain to Law and the Arts. This new alias is open to artists here on art.net as well as to poeple elsewhere on the Internet. To join the alias, just send email to email@example.com and request to be added.
- 12.5.95 Michael McNeilley writes because he has no choice. Literally. His strange and controversial poems and stories have appeared in hundreds of print and electronic publications, large and small, worldwide.
- 12.4.95 The Hacker Artists are here! We welcome them with open arms... and hope more hacker artists will join us soon.
- 12.4.95 The Arte Structure International Gallery has just joined our site and is presenting Madi Art in America in the Gallery section's fourth hallway. We are extreamly excited to have them join us here on Art on the Net.October 1995
- 11.27.95 Marketta Leino has just joined our site and is presenting Finnish digital works of art visualizing the mystery of our time. We are excited to have Marketta join us here on Art on the Net.
- 11.15.95 Stephen Linsteadt has joined our site and is currently showing selected paintings from current "Passion Fruit" series. Works are expressionistic and vibrant in color.
- 11.14.95 Danny Conant is one of the earliest pioneers of Polaroid transfer processes, utlilizing a vast array of media, including glass and art paper, for her intensely sensuous photographs from around the world. We are excited to have her join us here on Art on the Net.
- 11.14.95 Studio doorways in the form of images have been created so that people can browse the studio sections by way of images. This is a new feature to our site and this section will be updated often as images become available from artists.September 1995
- 10.31.95 Kent Wahlbeck is a painter, printmaker and computer artist, working in the figurative as well as in the narrative tradition of european art. We welcome him to our site Art on the Net with great excitement!
- 10.23.95 Maxwell Bliss Opens his studio with "Terminal Art: A Retrospective (1985-95)".
- 10.9.95 RJ O'Connor joins us and shares his drawings, paintings, calligraphy, and photography in his new studio. His main emphasis is contemporary art with a traditional base.
- 10.9.95 Jochen Brennecke opens his new studio here on Art on the Net and is based in the UK. He shares his ideas and imaginations by way of the camera and the computer.August 1995
- 9.18.95 Brian D. McMillan (bdmc) explores the creation of non-representational art through digital means. We are excited to have him join us here on Art on the Net.
- 9.18.95 Stephen Kilmer has just joined Art on the Net and is a computer professional whose creative outlet is his photography.
- 9.12.95 The Poetry of Art is an exhibition of paintings and poetry by Scot Jefferies.
- 9.12.95 A new room has opened in our Gallery here on Art on the Net and is featuring Navitrolla, an artist from Estonia. This room is curated by Jüri Ülesoo, an Estonian who loves art. Navitrolla and Jüri are the first Estonians to join our site and we welcome them with open arms.
- 8.26.95 A new section called Shows and Exhibits has been added to the Happenings Section here on Art on the Net. If you are a artist participating in a show or exhibit, we would love to post a notice about it. Just send firstname.lastname@example.org a note about it and snail mail a show announcement to Art on the Net, and we'll add your info to this section. We need the artists' permission to display samples of art that are in the show. Thanks!
- 8.24.95 Arthur Chartow creates landscapes in oils and pastels, featuring light, water, air, rocks, trees, and industrial wasteland. We are excited to have him join us here on Art on the Net.
- 8.23.95 Scott Dexter is a poet who has just joined Art on the Net and we are excited to have him with us here. Scott is our eighth poet to join this site.
- 8.20.95 We have new exhibits hanging in our Art on the Net Gallery. These shows are curated by artists and art lovers on our site. Please visit and enjoy.
- 8.19.95 A Literature References page has been added to the Links section on Art on the Net and is being maintained by Jennifer Chien, a poet here on art.net.
June 1995May 1995
- 6.19.95 Richard Rodriguez is a performing artist in New York City and has performed in several theatrical and musical productions. He has also written, composed the music for and performed in the solo performance piece,"Conversations With Mot and Luv".
- 6.5.95 Sylvia Chong is a poet and presents "Another Woman's Love Story", a succession of moving poetry. We are excited to have another poet join us here on Art on the Net.
- 6.5.95 Travis Leippi A guy who has no real training in art, but digitally manipulates images and calls it art. What is art anyways?
- 6.5.95 Gina Blickenstaff joins Art on the Net and shows bold and spirited oils, watercolors and pastels. Gina is a colorist who celebrates figurative painting and all of nature.April 1995
- 5.29.95 Teymor Zarre shares imagery from the underwater life via mixed media, painting and digital graphics.
- 5.28.95 A new search field has been added to the Artist Studios pages. This should help folks find artists more quickly and dynamically by letting them search on a keyword.
- 5.26.95 ARTNOIR Works by analog painter Miles Stryker. His current installation is a series of figurative studies titled "WAKE THIS BODY".
- 5.10.95 Julia Kay shares images of her paintings and awesome photographs. We are excited to have her join us here on Art on the Net.
- 5.9.95 Michael West spins hypertext poetry and describes himself as a post-post-modern kwillster who writes both poems and novels and whose SUR*FIN*USA @ art.net reveals an affinity for hypertext.March 1995
- 4.28.95 Annette Loudon is an electronic artist and presents a letter to the VR and "Information Superhighway" hype-merchants.
- 4.26.95 Errol Lanier joins Art on the Net and shares some of his drawings, most of which are done in Manga/Anime style with his pencils. We are excited to have him join us.
- 4.26.95 Well, grab your boot straps and hold on. We just got picked as Cool Site of the Day!
- 4.15.95 We have added a GuestBook to Art on the Net and hope that people will enjoy sending the artists here feedback on our site.
- 4.15.95 Ralph Ivy is a drawer/writer who likes to draw about what he is writing, and write about what he is drawing. The result is "Notches", an on-going journal of digital notes and sketches... We are happy to have Rivy (as he is know on-line) join us here at Art on the Net.
- 4.12.95 Jeremy A. Engleman joins Art on the Net and opens his ateliers for public viewing. You will find photography, digital media and 3D rendering of paintings. A definately "must see" during your visit.
- 4.11.95 The new About Our Site pages have been added to give people more information about Art on the Net what we are doing here.
- 4.11.95 Marius Johnston joins Art on the Net and shares many of his digital prints in spaces that bring calmness and peace into ones rushed day. We are really happy to have Marius join our site and welcome him with open arms.
- 4.9.95 Artists' Open Studios of Santa Clara County, CA has a room in the gallery where you can find out more about this event. Enjoy the 9th annual self-guided tour of artists studios over three weekends in April and May 1995 in Santa Clara County. A wide range of fine arts and fine crafts media will be displayed by over 182 artists in 100 locations.
- 3.20.95 Art on the Net hits an all-time high of more than 20,000 accesses per day!
- 3.17.95 Three-d shares mathematically calculated and scientificly based sculpture. This is our first sculptor to open a studio on Art on the Net and we are really excited about having Denny Willam North with us!
- 3.17.95 The Submissions section has been updated so that people can have more information on how to go about getting a studio or gallery room started.
- 3.17.95 The Art/Not Terminal Gallery has joined the Art on the Net Gallery and this room is curated by artist Kevin Goldsmith. This gallery is an all-volunteer gallery run by member artists.
- 3.16.95 Sheila Marbain , Master Printer at Maurel Studios in New York City, is introduced by Art on the Net Gallery has been re-structured so that it now has several hallways leading from the Foyer. Off of these hallways are several rooms that are shows and collections of art which artists here on Art on the Net curate and maintain. The change will help viewers navigate the rooms more easily...
- 3.15.95 Mary Vollero combines text with images to illustrate her inner dialogues. She has taken several collections of these images and has created books for you to view. We are very excited to have Mary join us on Art on the Net and share this unique type of art.
- 3.10.95 Don Hopkins and Levi Kruger join art and animation together and have created Narnia. This Actualized Fantasy Screen Waster is an interactive dynamic simulation written in ScriptX, a cross platform object oriented multimedia programming language.
- 3.9.95 Henry Chiu joins us here at Art on the Net and is sharing his fantasy and science fiction graphic art.
- 2.28.95 (Mardi Gras!) "Poems On the Wall" is an exhibition of Visual Poetry sponsored by the Coastal Arts League in Half Moon Bay.
- 2.12.95 Sarabel joins us here at Art on the Net and is now showing some of her oil paintings and computer images. We are really happy to have her join us!
- 2.8.95 Andrew Wallerstein shares his digital art and explores his conceptions of digital space, both literal and figurative, with photorealism and stark algorithm. A definite must-see while you are visiting Art on the Net .
- 2.8.95 Rei joins Art on the Net and shares her digital art and self. We are very excited to have Rei with us.
- 2.1.95 The Art of Love is a multi-media, one-woman, international traveling exhibition of Melinda Camber Porter's writings and paintings. This is a new room in the gallery and it is being curated by Joseph Flicek email@example.com.
- 2.1.95 Bibliotheque Bajazzo An independent art initiative by Arthur Nieuwenhuijs Home of "Art Construction Packets" and "La Photographie Egoiste."
- 2.1.95 We have a new set of Featured Artists for February. (Turns out that we featured our November artists for 3 months...well, we're back on top of things again, folks).
- 1.31.95 Art on the Net hits an all-time high of more than 15,000 accesses per day!
- 1.25.95 James O'Toole joins Art on the Net and shares some images of his acrylics and mixed media paintings. We are excited about his joining our site...
- 1.23.95 Artists Sound Bytes have just been added. Artists from Art on the Net and the Internet can now share as a group some of the random thoughts, ideas, and tunes that come to mind...
- 1.22.95 Troika Ranch is our first studio to arise in the performance arts section and we are really excited about this. They are a performance group that is involved with the "slash arts" (dance / music / theater / interactive media).
- 1.18.95 Simran has put up a new show of Digital Paintings, a new media for him. His previous shows have been digitized images of traditional media.
- 1.16.95 Michael Roman joins us and shares his show, Color Orgy which is his first art show on the Internet. He paints in acrylics and oils and his paintings are very colorful and awesome... We are really psyched about his joining us...
- 1.15.95 Diane Fenster joins Art on the Net and is presenting a show in her studio entitled Ritual of Abandonment. We are very excited to have her with us and can't wait to see more stories...
- 1.10.95 Raino Ranta exhibits White Garden, his first Internet art show. Raino shares his impressions of life surviving through the Nordic winter time. The media used includes painting, ceramic, glass and computer graphic. We are very excited to have Raino join us.
- 1.9.95 Alisa Lowden joins Art on the Net and breeds digital images of mysterious humans and fantasies within her studio space.
- 1.3.95 Troy Bennet joins us and is showing some of his black and white photography as well as digital art. His art is quite thought provoking and his digital imagery is really colorful. A definate must see while you are here.
December 1994November 1994
- 12.21.94 Samia A. Halaby is a painter, printmaker and writer and has just gotten her studio on-line. She works in several painting and drawing media including oil, acrylic, encaustic, and computer. Another awesome artist just joining our site. :)
- 12.21.94 Tom Coffin joins Art on the Net and shares a show entitled Sold Like Meat. His imagery is very bright and alive and we are very excited to have him and his studio here with us.
- 12.5.94 In response to the recent IETF (Internet Engineering Task Force) meetings held in San Jose, California, here is one artist's message to the scientists and engineers in regards to artists and the arts coming online to the Internet.
- 12.5.94 A new room of Israel Artists has been added to the Art on the Net gallery. This show was curated by the artists Avi Rosen and Lile Elam.
- 12.1.94 ArtAIDS became active for participation in the World AIDS Day 1994. Several artists from Art on the Net participated in contributing art and joining the MBone sessions that kicked off this historic and awesome site on November 28, 1994. This was definately a big leap for the arts in relation to the MBone and will hopefully be the start of a wonderful relationship...October 1994
- 11.29.94 Chris Rigatuso joins Art on the Net and shares some new digital paintings he's just created.
- 11.28.94 jaXun proffers Imago Dei and NOT!Art in his new studio.
- 11.14.94 We have a new room in the Art on the Net Gallery: The Video Canyon presents video clips from local (San Francisco) bands.
- 11.12.94 Kiyotei has joined us and is displaying digital art works that are quite original and awesome. Many of the works have Native American Indian influences and touch the heart.
- 11.8.94 We have the Holmes Gallery in San Jose, CA, showing Action Experimental Art, an evolving exhibition devoted to Art & Technology.September 1994
- 10.29.94 We've finally got our Featured Artists page going on a rotating basis, with pictures and backissues. New featured artists for November are Saelon Renkes, JJ Webb, the House Jacks, and the Holmes Gallery.
Also, the Featured Artists page is now a room in The Art.Net Gallery
- 10.25.94 Steve Stanford's studio of electronic manipulations and poetry has been added to Art on the Net.
- 10.18.94 JJ Webb, a blues poetry reader, gives us some of "In the Electric Shadows," and other works of poetry.
- 10.12.94 David Monachello joins Art on the Net and opens his studio of digital images for public view. Daves show, The Fire Within, is a graphic examination of his thoughts and feelings.
- 10.9.94 Jennifer Crystal Fang-Chien presents "Poetry at the End of the Rainbow," an extensive collection of her own poetry organized into categories like relationshiops, internet, prose-poems, surreal, experimental, & more.August 1994
- 9.29.94 We have set up a mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org for discussing art on the net. Email email@example.com to be added to the alias.
- 9.29.94 Anonymous and artist ftp access has been added to art.net.
- 9.29.94 Mike Brutvan has set up a studio showing his digital images created using tools of manipulation.
- 9.24.94 M. Pol Chandler is another poet we have online.
- 9.13.94 Chris Losinger is out latest addition to the Poets page.
- 9.11.94 Art Happenings: Current Events has been updated to include info about the Art Convergence Conference and "Name this Era" Contest that is happening this Fall.
- 9.9.94 Ruth Kedar, our third webmaestro, has set up her studio.
- 9.8.94 There is a new room in the Art.Net Gallery to show Visions from the Present, the New Guinea sculpture garden at Stanford.
- 9.7.94 We have a new artist, Saelon Renkes who works in hand-colored photography.
- 9.6.94 Michael Ryals has set up a studio showing his straight and manipulated photography.July 1994
- 8.27.94 The Art on the Net Infobot is up & running (experimentally at least) Try emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with a topic keyword in the subject line. (Use a blank subject line to get the list of topics). Email the webmaestros for suggestions on topics you'd like to see.
- 8.24.94 We have a new webmaestro. <!A HREF="Studios/Visual/Kedar/RuthKedar.html"> Ruth Kedar is a designer and a consulting art professor at Stanford.
- 8.17.94 The House Jacks are our newest band.
With their brand of "A Cappella in Your Face," they are the world's first rock band without instruments!
- 8.16.94 OTIS is now curating a Best of Synergy room in The Art.Net Gallery!
- 8.16.94 Enrique Vega Artist-Metalsmith Has set up shop in our studios section.
We also have a reference to Hotmetal a gallery full of metalworking, in our Galleries section in the Art References page of our Links.
- 8.8.94 We've got our new SPARCstation 10 online! (sorry for being out of touch while we were working on it).
- 8.5.94 Sun Microsystems donated a SPARCstation 10 to Art.net!!
- 8.4.94 Our Music References links page has a new section for Indie Labels.June 1994
- 7.26.94 We have a new artist: Spraxlo cultivates his garden, SPRAXLOID.
- 7.21.94 Ken Wolman sent his poems in & they're now on line.
- 7.20.94 The Art on the Net Gallery has two new rooms, Lile's room full of mixed media pieces, and a photomanip room curated by Simran.
- 7.18.94 We have our Featured Artists page going.
- 7.18.94 We put in our blue & yellow (ultramarine & gold?) navigation bars at the bottoms of (hopefully?) all the pages.
- 7.17.94 Phreeworld Is our first online band. We're currently in negotations with a few more...
- 6.6.94 The domain name for art.net was created.
- June, 1994 Lile barters a painting Art on the Net with Network Wizards for a year's worth of network access for www.art.net!