Re: Research dance film

Richard Povall (Richard.Povall@oberlin.edu)
Sun, 26 Apr 1998 09:33:37 -0400

>Hi to all of you,
>
>Tuesday 21 April 1998 I wrote:
>
>"Hi to all of you!
> At the moment I'm doing research for the production of a dance film.
> Our aim is, to fully integrate dance and the medium film. Surely not
> an easy enterprise!
> I was wondering, are there existing dance films or web sites I
> defenitely should look at?
> Thanks for helping me!"

Many of the PBS Video series, "Alive from Off Center" are models of
collaboration between a filmmaker and dancemaker. Most of these were shot
and edited on video, not film, but a surprising number of this series were
stunning in their use of the medium. Some may be available through
libraries, and I believe they are also available for rental (within the US
only???)

RP

R i c h a r d P o v a l l
Assoc. Prof of Computer Music and New Media / Chair, TIMARA Dept.
MPO Box 0332 TIMARA/Studio 5
Oberlin, OH 44074-0332 USA Oberlin Conservatory of Music
Voice: +1.440.775.1016 Oberlin College
Fax: +1.440.775.8942 Oberlin, OH 44074 USA
email: Richard.Povall@oberlin.edu
website: http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/people/~rpovall/home.html

The Dartmoor Project
High Moorland Business Centre, The Old Duchy Hotel, Princetown, Yelverton,
Devon, PL20 6QJ UK
Voice: +44.(0)1822.890539
Fax: +44.(0)1822.890566
website: http://www.timara.oberlin.edu/people/~rpovall/dartproj.html