[Fwd: censorship]

Michael Betancourt (mwb2@bellsouth.net)
Mon, 13 Jul 1998 09:37:35 -0400

--------------7C0DD30464D13734EDA435D6

Last night I made the apparent mistake of being polite and
privately providing Mr. Smyle with some information he apparently
lacks from his posts. The following message is the response I
received this morning for trying to be polite.

Please note the increased beligerance, sarcasm and patronizing
tone of this newest message. Plus the added "threat" of "going
public" with his response.

Additionally he is now casting me as the bad guy -- "a colonial
agent of my government" for asking him to make his venomous
postings a matter for everyone at art.net. rather than simply
private flames directed only at me.

Also note that my name appears to keep changing and becoming both
more familiar and less cordial: from "mike" to "mickey." Does he
believe that I am a cartoon mouse to be dispelled simply through
insult?

There seems to be a strong belief on his part that the US is some
evil thing to be done away with. I am not going to speculate on
this, but will note that the only recourse for someone who has
problems is personal assaults and a general vindictiveness when
confronted with a situation where he is clearly in the wrong and
knows it. At this point I expect all Mr. Smylie would like is for
me to go away and shut up.

--------------7C0DD30464D13734EDA435D6