Re: if Fokine had a mac

nik (nik@websciences.org)
Thu, 22 May 1997 11:06:04 -0800

At 1:53 PM 5/22/97, Sarah Morrison wrote:

> Part of the beauty of who these people were was the time period that
>they were in. As far as I'm concerned, this is a moot question - I
>don't think I would WANT to know what they would do with today's
>technology - because what they did with their cultutre was exactly what
>makes me love them.
> Dance has always been a reflection of the culture around us. From
>Grecians dancing at festivals to American Indians dancing around their
>fires, to classical ballet, to "contemporary" dance. For this reason -
>I believe that dance has started to use technology - and will continue
>to grow and change and evolve based on our changing culture (which is
>rapidly encompassing cyberspace and information technology).
> Let's not ask what isadora duncan, leon baskt, jean cocteau,
> ninjinski, ninjinska, balanchine, etc. would do with todays
>technology, But instead, let's ask "what will WE do with today's
>technology?" "And what do we, as artists, BRING to today's technology?"
>
>Sarah Morrison
>Cleveland, OH
>http://www.MediaSoftInc.com/MorrisonDance

waaaaaaaahhhhhhhhh. you're no fun. = )

ok,

> "And what do we, as artists, BRING to today's technology?"

peas and luv,

nik

~ the dnc project - dance, networks, computing

http://www.websciences.org/dnc/

I think Kwan intended to show me the world is not a place but the
vastness of the soul. And the soul is nothing more than love,
limitless, endless, all that moves us toward knowing what is true. I
once thought love was supposed to be nothing but bliss. I now know it
is also worry and grief, hope and trust. And believing in ghosts --
that's believing that love never dies. If people we love die, then
they are lost only to our ordinary senses. If we remember, we can
find them anytime with our hundred secret senses.

-- Amy Tan, *The Hundred Secret Senses*

\__U_/