RE: de-corporalize me

Geary Buxton (
Sat, 7 Aug 1999 12:16:57 -0700

Thanks. I can't take complete credit though. I came across the term
"vactor" (virtual actor) during my thesis research. See the SimGraphic
webpage: They define "vactor" as "a
computer-drawn character or object whose movements are controlled by the
performance of a human actor." A "vancer" would be similar, except it is a
dancer not an actor. I've been using "vancer" in my thesis, defined as "A
computer drawn character whose movements are controlled by human dancer,
generated from the performance of a human dancer, or programmed by a human
choreographer." I believe someday the definition many need to include
"computer choreographer," but not for a long time.

Geary Buxton
University of Oregon

-----Original Message-----
From: Takashi Iwaoka []
Sent: Friday, August 06, 1999 7:40 AM
Subject: Re:RE: de-corporalize me

Dear Geary

>Date: Thu, 5 Aug 1999 15:17:56 -0700
>How about "vancer" (virtual dancer) ---Geary

i like it! better than "vody"(you know how it comes) ---Ta(ka)shi

Get Your Private, Free Email at