[Fwd: censorship]

Michael Betancourt (mwb2@bellsouth.net)
Sun, 12 Jul 1998 23:08:41 -0400

--------------9AC566B8B12FCBAA29BC54CC

I feel a need to share this response sent just to me in an
offensively patronizing fashion. Note the number of times I'm
called "mike"....

Not only that, apparently I'm also a "street punk" for daring to
suggest that his posting was an assault which accused everyone
involved of pornography.
It is not a surprise that I received this response exclusively in
my box. I feel it belongs in a public forum. If I am going to be
attacked in such a fashion, let it be public so all may judge for
themselves.

And as for the following:
"I don't believe in censorship of any kind Mike and actually I am
very sorry that I said anything at all I just wanted the others
at art net to let me know if information about the crisis in
Puerto Rico is known in the United States because the news is
blacked out in Upper Canada"

Why didn't you just make a post saying that?
The post in question used this as a thin excuse to attack what
OTHERS were doing. Did you even voice an opinion when Lile asked
for thoughts on whether to join the NM case? I don't remember you
making any _public_ comment at all.

And as to whether I have been censored in the past or not, the
answer is yes.

I will let your response stand for itself. We can see the
smokescreen for what it is.

If you have any response, please make it _public_ in future. We
all thank you.

--------------9AC566B8B12FCBAA29BC54CC