Re: advice on sensors wanted

Jeff Miller (jgmille2@students.wisc.edu)
Fri, 28 May 1999 17:16:46 -0500

Personally I'm a big fan of the BigEye, from Steim. I found that the scripting
language is flexible enough to be interesting and simple enough that my mediocre
lingo skills enabled comprehension. Drawbacks are the limited field of view of a
camera; advantages are the lack of devices the dancer has to wear.

If you do use bigeye, and you use the MIDI data in conjunction with Director,
please share--I've been working on using this kind of thing for a while, and
would like to hear more about it. I've also heard that MAX can be useful in
conjunction with both MIDI and Director, but I've had minimal experience with
that.

Please let us all know how it goes!

Jeff Miller
(p.s. to all--I will be part of Jin-Wen Yu's entourage at the upcoming 2000 Feet
festival, if anyone else on the list will be there and would like a RL meeting).

J.