Re: max, midi and i-cube

Wayne Siegel (
Sat, 13 Feb 1999 15:07:00 +0100

You might be interested in the DIEM Digital Dance Interface - a wireless

hardware interface designed especially for interactive dance. The system

measures the angles of various limbs on a dancer’s body and converts
this data
to standard MIDI controller values. The system was developed at DIEM,
national computer music center, as part of a research project. Upon
from numerous artists and institutions, the DIEM Digital Dance Interface
being made commercially available on a limited basis. Detailed product
information as well as prices will be on our web page in about a month.
I can
send you (or anyone else who is interested) more detailed information as
a pdf
file, if you like.

For more information about the development of the DIEM Digital Dance
see DIEM’s home page:

or the feature article in the Winter 1999 issue of the Computer Music
“The Challenges of Interactive Dance - An Overview and Case Study”.

The system can be seen in action at the Cunningham Dance Studio in New
York on
April 6th and 7th in connection with the Columbia University Interactive
Festival. I will also be doing a lecture at Columbia U. in connection
this festival:

For information about MAX see:

Best regards,

Wayne Siegel

Musikhuset Aarhus
DK-8000 Aarhus C.
Tel: +45 8931 8160
Fax: +45 8931 8166

The Danish Institute of Electroacoustic Music

Stephan Silver wrote:
> Hello everyone,
> I'm currently researching 'dance and technology' at St. Martins
College in