- two babies,
- crop failures,
- broken axels.
For a time
- they found refuge at the house,
- and then they embarked.
- And then there was faith.
- And reasonable, one might even say scientific, expectations of realized faith.
- and grew in knowledge.
- could only love her more.
- This faith was never for him what it was for her
but he accepted it completely, for her sake.
- built a house by the bay
- and George worked
- and Christian worked, too, at her calling.
- And George bought her a fur coat.