Re: de-corporalize me

salzberg@cloud9.net
Sun, 25 Jul 1999 12:20:46 -0400

On 24 Jul 99, at 14:40, Jeffrey Gray Miller wrote:

> I second the disturbance. Including slash artists* such as writer/critics
> who seem to feel that "quotation marks" around a title belittles it, when
> their own title didn't exist not so long ago.

I'll agree (although in some cases, it might be appropriate to put
"critic" in quotes).

Unfortunately some traditionalists are afraid of that which is new,
because it might invalidate what they've done, while some
progressives are afraid of that which is old, because it might
invalidate what they're doing.

Jeff, who sees the value in -- and a place for -- both classical
ballet and web dance.

Jeffrey E. Salzberg, Lighting Designer
http://www.cloud9.net/~salzberg