Re: STEIM (was: On languages...)

David Rodger (auricle@alphalink.com.au)
Thu, 23 Oct 1997 19:26:01 +0100

Richard Povall wrote:

>http://www.xs4all.nl/~steim
>
>There you'll find demo versions of STEIM's software tools, all of which are
>incredibly useful to performers, and which includes BigEye.
[...]
>Will it make a million dollars for STEIM. No. Who cares?

After what they did (or didn't do) with SensorLab, it may be that the only
thing stopping STEIM from making money is STEIM itself.

Regards, David

David Rodger, "I'd bet for techno music you
Audio Engineer: could get pretty good lossless
Recording, Editing, Mastering compression, as the compression
Lifeguard and Lifeguard Trainer is based on repeated data."
Phone: +61-3-9459-1898 -- Michael Conlen
NEW EMAIL: auricle@alphalink.com.au (please use this address)
OLD EMAIL: musdr@lure.latrobe.edu.au (active for a little while)
http://farben.latrobe.edu.au/d_rodger/ MOTION CAPTURE IN MUSIC