Re: motion tracking

Darren Kelly (kelly@x4u2.desy.de)
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 02:04:54 +0200 (MST)

On Tue, 21 Oct 1997, David Rodger wrote:
> Polhemus makes EM trackers, not biofeedback devices, and their military
> origins stem from work with HMDs for pilots. A number of other firms were
> working on this too. e.g. Honeywell produced a number of HMD trackers
> based on optical techniques.
>
> I doubt the U.S. Air Force wants its pilots distracted by brainwashing
> while flying. ;-)

I was just using Polhemus to emphasise that technology doesn't exist in
isolation, not that they worked with biofeedback devices. Otherwise they'd
be called Biomus, or Brainfood, or some such. I have nothing against
Polhemus, except that they have never replied to a most extensive report
on my work and what I'd like to do with their technology. I suspect
Polhemus have their own plans concerning motion capture and sound; shame
they haven't see fit to include me (yet). Still, they could have replied.

Dear Polhemus, do you read dance-tech ?

This thread used ironically to be "Re: motion tracking":

Let's retrack; Motion accepted ?

D.

Darren Kelly | | |
| \ 0 / |
DESY -MPY- (Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron) | * o |
Notkestr.85 | - D E S Y - |
22603 Hamburg | o * |
Germany | / O \ |
| | |
phone: +49-40-8998-4569 | |
fax: +49-40-8998-4305 <--Note change | |
e-mail: kelly@x4u2.desy.de | |
Amandastr.40a, | HOME |
20357 Hamburg | zu Hause |
phone: +49-40-4322602 | The PLAYhouse |