Re: on motion instructions

Darren Kelly (kelly@x4u2.desy.de)
Fri, 17 Oct 1997 14:08:46 +0200 (MST)

On Thu, 16 Oct 1997, Christopher Sumpton wrote:

> you might be successful teaching dancers about physics by having an example
> of some kind. have them watch and duplicate the vectors and vector
> qualities of your hand as you draw the graph. or you could animate a
> figure in the lifeforms software to demonstrate. or take a barbi-doll and
> make it dance... :) and have the dancers draw the graph of your movement...
When I used to teach physics and maths as a PhD student the cheeky devils
kept imitating my gesticulations (amidst sniggers), the effect of
my demonstrations being enhanced by my rather large hands, long arms and
skinny arms. This renders me unsuitable as a Barbie, however Ken might do.

But Ken can't bend his arms.

D.

Darren Kelly | | |
| \ 0 / |
DESY -MPY- (Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron) | * o |
Notkestr.85 | - D E S Y - |
22603 Hamburg | o * |
Germany | / O \ |
| | |
phone: +49-40-8998-4569 | |
fax: +49-40-8998-4305 <--Note change | |
e-mail: kelly@x4u2.desy.de | |
Amandastr.40a, | HOME |
20357 Hamburg | zu Hause |
phone: +49-40-4322602 | The PLAYhouse |