Re: [From the dance-tech moderator] Personal mail on the list

Sandi Kurtz (sandik@slime.atmos.washington.edu)
Mon, 13 Oct 1997 14:13:38 -0700 (PDT)

This is the Sandi whose comment seems to have stirred up something of a
controversy. I certainly didn't mean to cross an unmarked boundary of
acceptable Internet behavior -- if some of you think I did I extend my
apologies.

I would like to say, though, that from time to time, on this list and
elsewhere on the net, I've made what I think of as 'public
congratulations' and I shall probably continue to do so. Just as a
spoken compliment that you receive in the hearing of others can feel a bit
warmer, I think congratulations and thanks that you get in this public
forum let can let the whole community know that good work has been done.

(And having said that I'd like to that Scott S for his thoughful
description of the moderation process and his gracious handling of this
list in general)

It does seem that it's time for an FAQ (and the creation of such a
document can be an interesting process in itself) but I'd rather continue
to delete nonsequitur messages myself than have someone else do it for
me.

sandi kurtz