I am a third year research student and am looking for feedback from practitioners and theorists via the internet.
My research title is:
'THE NATURE OF THE PERFORMANCE SPACE IS RADICALLY ALTERED BY THE AVAILIBILITY OF NEW TECHNOLOGIES.'
I have read some very interesting essays in the Dance and Technology Zone. In particular Scott deLahunta's essay on Theatre/Dance and New Media and information Technologies and Johannes Birringer's essay titled Lively Bodies - Lively Machines.
My key research questions are:
1) How do you define the performance space?
2) Does 'technology' extend and enhance the performance space?
3) To what extent does it limit the imaginative scope?
4) To what extent does it disrupt the performance space?
5) What are the future avenues?
I am in the very early stages of my research and would be very grateful for any help and information anybody could give me.
Thank you for your time