Re: why dance on the web?

Wayne Siegel (wsiegel@daimi.aau.dk)
Tue, 12 Jan 1999 10:02:13 +0100

You may laugh, Terry, but my piece "Movement Study" for solo dancer and
interactive computer system has actually been broadcast both live and delayed
on Danish National Radio on several occassions. The piece uses the DIEM
Digital Dance Interface (a wireless system with flex sensors attached to
elbows, knees, ankles, etc.) to allow the dancer to control or conduct the
music, which is created on the fly by the computer. The piece was actually
performed once as a live broadcast from a radio studio with no live audience.
And no, there was no running commentary as in sports broadcasts (has anyone
ever done that?). In this case the radio listeners only heard the music as
performed by the dancer.

So there you have it, Radio Dancing!

Wayne Siegel

DIEM