Re: max and director

Jeff Miller (jgmille2@students.wisc.edu)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:48:51 -0600

I wish I could help more with this, but I'm eagerly awaiting the answer--I
remember when Mark Coniglio did a residency here in Madison he showed us an
Xtra for getting Director to take in and utilize MIDI, but that was for
Director 4.0. I don't know if it will work with D6, but make sure you get the
updated (6.1 or 6.02, I don't remember which) that will prevent some serious
bugs. I'm sure Mark will be on here shortly with some more accurate info.

While we're on the subject, today I began planning the tech aspect of a concert
to be given by Jin-Wen Yu involving Big Eye. This is, I believe, a more simple
version of what Jacques is doing, yet putting OMS and the latest demo of Big
Eye on my Powerbook 1400 (with a G3 card hiding inside) seems to cause nothing
but problems. I recall a year or so ago when playing around with OMS that it
caused some problems with my system--should I be running minimal extensions
while MIDIfying things, or are there bugs in Big Eye that I don't know about?

Questions, questions, and more questions,

Jeff