Oberlin College Conservatory of Music
Notice of Faculty Vacancy in Computer Music and Digital Arts
Timara Dept. (Technology in Music and Related Arts)
The Conservatory of Music at Oberlin College invites applications for a
one-semester, full-time position in the Division of Contemporary Music for
the Fall 1999 semester, with possible extension for Spring 2000.
The individual appointed will perform the following specific duties:
* teach courses in analog and digital sound synthesis, computer music
software, interactive media, and other areas related to digital media or
new performance techniques
* teach composition focusing on technological media
* participate in TIMARA and Conservatory committees, meetings and activities
* advise students on artistic, academic and career matters.
* advanced degree in composition or computer music or digital media with a
demonstrable body of creative work and research
* demonstrated experience and achievement in a wide range of contemporary
artmaking techniques utilizing technology
* experience with interactive computer music systems and digital
instruments in composition and performance
* teaching experience in electronic and computer music or related areas
* commitment to ongoing professional practice.
Interested persons should submit rŽsumŽs and letters of recommendation to
Acting Dean David Boe, Oberlin College Conservatory of Music, Oberlin, Ohio
44074 by February 26, 1999. Those received after that date will be
considered until the position is filled. The appointment is to be filled at
a rank and salary commensurate with experience and qualifications. AA/EOE.