projecting/Ass in gear

Amanda Steggell (maggies@pobox.com)
Tue, 20 Oct 1998 22:24:33 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi there,
just adding to the projection thang .. we once had a bunch of dancers
carrying a film projector around, sending the image of a little running
naked guy (actually it was Pepe on the film, for those of you who know
him) onto an opera singers' stomach (she wore a reflective plastic
ballgown) and then projecting him huge along a curved scenography. The
running man was just a little loop on 8mm film, 20 seconds or so - a
little material can go a long way.
Otherwise, Doug has a point. However, I would mainly encourage your student
to try out her concept with what she has available already ... then she
can take a step back from the work, and make her decisions
(practical/conceptual) from there.

Speaking of Pepe, he just mailed this on to me from Nettime, and I thought
it was definately one to pass on to dance techers not on that list

best wishes,
amanda

http://www.notam.uio.no/motherboard/
Tel:+47 22563507 Fax:+47 22172611