Re: Dance Software

Keitha Manning (mann@dtx.net)
Sun, 03 May 1998 23:00:07 -0500

Mary-Lou Michael wrote:

> Hi All,
> Is there are list somewhere of available software packages appropriate
> for dance? I mean I know about Life forms and have heard about a
> ballet CD-Rom, and have been using Labanwriter for years.... but what
> else is there?

I've been keeping a list for the past few years of all of the software
that has crossed my path regarding dance. There isn't much, which is a
defintie problem for dance educators since some could be fulfilling
their university computer requirement if there was more.

That exact dilemma is one of the focuses of the Dance Education and
Technology: Dancing with the mouse confernece which recently was
postponed one year. (For those of you who are involved, I'm awaiting one
more decision from the Board of Directors of the sponsoring
organizations prior to contacting you.) We are trying to get the dance
educators to dialog with dance technos in hopes that some new ideas for
software can be realized.

I'll send what I have later this week to the list, and would appreciate
any additional information available.

Keitha