Re: motion tracking

David Rodger (
Tue, 21 Oct 1997 21:06:52 +0100

>On Fri, 17 Oct 1997, Christopher Sumpton wrote:
>re: making music from brainwaves.
>> darren;
>> what is so frightening?
>Neural feedback; brainwashing. That is, it cuts both ways.

It doesn't. All of the systems I have seen or read about are designed to
_monitor_ bioelectric signals, not induce them.

>In case you still don't take it seriously:
> From

Polhemus makes EM trackers, not biofeedback devices, and their military
origins stem from work with HMDs for pilots. A number of other firms were
working on this too. e.g. Honeywell produced a number of HMD trackers
based on optical techniques.

I doubt the U.S. Air Force wants its pilots distracted by brainwashing
while flying. ;-)

Regards, David

David Rodger, "I'd bet for techno music you
Audio Engineer: could get pretty good lossless
Recording, Editing, Mastering compression, as the compression
Lifeguard and Lifeguard Trainer is based on repeated data."
Phone: +61-3-9459-1898 -- Michael Conlen
NEW EMAIL: (please use this address)
OLD EMAIL: (active for a little while) MOTION CAPTURE IN MUSIC