Re: digital "originals"

Tom Coffin (tcoffin@ncsa.uiuc.edu)
Mon, 9 Mar 1998 09:04:31 -0600 (CST)

This would be one way to play the "original" game.
I have also destroyed a file after a single print
in the name of "monoprint" or digital "painting".
-
But it seems that the true power of the medium is
in it's effortless reproduction.
-
In regards to the auction, from which content I
think this comment came from, I would imagine a
print would be fine without jumping throught the
archaic hoops of printlingo.

On Fri, 6 Mar 1998, jaxun wrote:

> Good Afternoon All,
>
> I was talking with a friend today about how a digital artist designated an
> electronic image as an "original". I haven't considered this issue yet,
> and was wondering what perspective those of you reading might have about
> this.
>
> What do you do with the file after the "last edition" of a print is
> reproduced? Are you/we expected to erase it as is expected of a
> lithograph plate for traditional art?
>
> Thanks for you time!
>
> cheers,
> -jaxun