Using Fetch on a Mac
Getting your files to Art on the Net using Fetch...
The easiest way to upload your stuff to our site on a Mac is with a program
called Fetch. You can download Fetch if you haven't got it, from these
Here is what you do:
- Open the Fetch program
- A dialog box appears. Enter the following information in the relevent text boxes:
- Host: art.net
- User ID: anonymous
- Password: Your email address
- Directory: incoming
- Then hit the OK button. It may take a moment or two to connect, but then
you should see the incoming directory appear.
(Look for the "Status" information at the top right - it will say "Connected"
when you are connected.)
- Once you are connected, you can upload your files by:
- clicking the "Put..." button
- A standard Mac file selector will come up and allow you to pick a file.
Select the page on your Mac that you want to send to Art on the Net.
- After you do so, click OK.
- Another dialog will appear, allowing you to change the name and choose a
File Format with a pop up menu at the bottom left.
- Choose "Text" if you are sending HTML pages or choose "Raw Data" if you are
Note: When you choose Text, Fetch may append
.txt to the end of your file name. You can disable this feature if go to the
Preferences item in the Customize menu. From there, choose "Uploading" from
the topic menu and make sure that Add File Format Suffixes is turned off.
- Press OK
- Your file goes merrily off to Art on the Net.
Return to the Submission Pages...