Enfolding Perspectives: Photographic Collageby Simran Gleason
Photographic collages exploring the dissolution of 15th century linear perspective and the re-creation of more organic perspectives. After struggling with the limitations of linear perspective in "straight" photography, I saw some photocollage work by a student of David Hockney, and discovered that, as a medium, photocollage allows traditional perspective space to be dissolved and alternate spaces to be created.
I call this show "Enfolding Perspectives" bacause I am trying to create perspective spaces that wrap around the viewers, enfolding them into the picture. More explanations in the Artist's Statement for this show.
- Struggling with the limits: (coming soon...)
- of still photography: Successes & failures.
- The Early Work:
- My discovery of the medium, and the struggles I went through to establish the perspective transformation techniques I use to create more organic pictorial spaces.
- The Perspectives of being there:
- Breaking the limits of linear perspective, and reconstructions of spaces that allow the viewer to feel part of the picture.
- Sacred Spaces.
- Places I like to go to meditate, train the spirit...
These pictures are Copyright (c) 1993, 1994 by Simran Gleason.
Some of these photocollages are available for sale by contacting me.Simran Gleason