Re: The great Debate

David Rodger (auricle@alphalink.com.au)
Wed, 23 Dec 1998 10:50:50 +1000

Leonard wrote:
>Just to share my perspective, in the past most listings I have either
>printed to share with my students, or filed and saved to use as a
>reference. Most postings these days I delete.
>
>Please remember your audience.

Hmm. I think the audience comprises all the people who subscribe to the
list. Anyone else (like your students) is incidental. I wouldn't deny
them the benefits of any wisdom or advice you may care to pass on, but if
they're unable or unwilling to get access, then one can hardly expect them
to have a hand in setting the agenda. One might even argue that they
shouldn't.

Happy Christmas or Happy Holidays (depending on your inclinations).

Regards,
David

David Rodger: Audio Engineering; Pool Operations; Aquatics Training
EMAIL: auricle@alphalink.com.au WEB: www.alphalink.com.au/~auricle
RESEARCH -- Motion Capture in Music -- farben.latrobe.edu.au/motion/
ADZOHU -- Music and Dance from Ghana -- www.alphalink.com.au/~adzohu/
"I'm concerned about reproduction above 20kHz, because I want to make
sure I'm not depriving my dog of a complete listening experience when
I leave the stereo on...." -- Matt Barstow