Re: Slide projection

Darren Kelly (kelly@x4u2.desy.de)
Sun, 14 Jun 1998 16:03:57 +0200 (MET DST)

On Sun, 14 Jun 1998, Mary-Lou Michael wrote:
> Re: Projection
> I've used an Epson data Display at school recently... It is most
> commonly used to project images from a computer, so can be used in
> conjunction with photo-shop, and similar programs.

We have such a device at work. I'm not sure what brand. It costs DM 20000,
(?$US 15000) a big investment. From what I could judge it was only
effective over about 4 m, therafter too dim for live work. And of course
projecting scans is not nearly as lovely as projecting good slides.
But such devices will almost certainly replace overhead projectors
and slide projectors for many styles of presentation in the future,
and certainly offer more possibilities.

D.

Darren Kelly, DESY -MPY-, Notkestr.85,22603 Hamburg, Germany
Phone:+49-40-8998-4569 Fax:+49-40-8998-4305 Email:kelly@x4u2.desy.de
New residential phone number: 8227 4024 <----- (oo)
(All correspondence to my DESY address please)