- 2.2.98 (from 3:36pm PST through Feb 3 8:50pm PST)
Our site lost power due to the storms here in Northern California. We have had heavy rains and high winds which caused trees to fall taking down phone and power lines. Power was just restored and we are back up. Whew! Our system has a UPS system so we where able to bring art.net down gracefully after losing power.
- 1.8.98 (from 4pm PST throught Jan. 9 12:00pm PST)
Yesterday (Thursday Jan 8, 1998) our Internet connection went down at 4pm PST. Our site (art.net) was not reachable til today at noon PST when Pac Bell fixed the problem. This is why your logs didn't arrive on time last night and why you couldn't reach us via the net.
It turns out that a repeater on one of the local poles for our T1 had a hardware failure. The Pac Bell technitions replaced it which fixed the problem. We actually showed the technitions the art.net site while they were here which was cool. :)
While our net connection was down, we performed routine maintenance on art.net which needed to be done (ie. vacuming). The server was down for only 30 minutes for this while the Internet connection was down for 20 hours. We are sorry for any inconvience or concerns this may have caused you.
- 8.20.97 (from 5:30am PST through 11:00am PST)
Our T1 connection was down due to a hardware failure in a cisco router. Network Wizards saved the day by getting new hardware in place so that we were back online in a fairly short time.
- 3.18.97 (from 4:15pm PST through 11:00pm PST)
Our T1 connection went down today at around 4:15pm which means that art.net was not reachable via the Internet for some time today. We came back up just before 11pm PST and the server is back up on the net.
The server is now sitting in San Jose, California on a high speed 10 megabit connection (eithernet) to Genuity. They are connected directly to a bunch of Mae's and naps so we should have alot better connectivity there. Let us know if you see differences in access speeds when connectiong to our site.
To learn more about Genuity, please see www.genuity.net. They have a map of their backbone connections.
We will be moving the server back to Network Wizards' office after the new T1 gets installed. We are sorry for the downtime. We thought the old T1 would carry us through to the new T1 and did not anticipate this.
- 2.18.97 (from 1:33pm PST through 4:42pm PST on 2.18.96)
Art on the Net (art.net) experienced downtime today as our T1 went down due to MFS connection problems. We are looking for an alternative feed and will most likely be moving art.net to another location while we await our new T1 connection to be installed. Downtime was about 3 hours and 10 minutes.
- 12.8.96 (from 11:53pm PST through 6:05pm PST on 12.10.96)
Art on the Net (art.net) experienced downtime as our T1 went down again due to flooding subterainian wire conduets. PacBell worked on the problem and we seem to be back up. Our connectivity is pretty stable so far and we don't expect more downtime anytime soon.
- 12.5.96 (from 6:00am PST through 9:00am PST on 12.6.96)
Art on the Net (art.net) experienced downtime as our T1 went down due to flooding subterainian wire conduets. PacBell is continuing to work on the problem and our connectivity continues to be intermitant today (Friday, 12.6.96).
- 11.14.96 (10:15-15:20 PST) Art on the Net (art.net) experienced downtime as our T1 was taken down by accident. It seems that PacBell is the party responsible as they had an equipment failure (possible repeater problem). MFS (our T1 provider) worked on the problem and made sure we came back up online.
- 8.17.96 (22:30-0:30 PST) Art on the Net (art.net) will be down for about 1 to 2 hours tonight (10:30pm - 12:30am PST) as we are moving to a new location. Network Wizards is moving their location and as our site, art.net is co-located there, we are moving too.
We will still be in Menlo Park CA USA but just on the other side of the tracks. :) We will still be on a T1 connection to Mae West via ncit.net and the speed of our site will be the same as it currently is in the new location.
- 8.10.96 (17:38-18:39 PST) We lost power in the California statewide power outage today and were down for about an hour. We have power again and Art.Net is up and doing fine.
- 1.27.96 (16:00-18:00 PST) CERFnet (our Regional Internet Service Provider) has scheduled a 2 hour downtime this Saturday in order to do router maintenance on their network. They plan to be down for only 30 minutes during that window but have alotted themselves 2 hours incase they need it. This means that access to the art.net website will not be available while they are down.
- 1.25.96 (23:00-24:00 PST) The art.net website has been moved to the new 4 gig disk drive was purchased last December. Ftp access was disabled during this time although web access was still available. Actual system downtown was about 3 minutes due to a required system reboot.
Art.net is doing fine and the website seems to be faster running on the new disk.
- 12.30.95 A new 4 gig disk drive was purchased to house the art.net website. It's very fast and will give us room to expand during the coming year. We are all pretty excited about the new space.